Planning to wander along the streets of Vienna and admire its architecture?
You must be prepared for the tasty challenges you will face. There are some things you should definitely eat in Vienna . Why? Because only there you will find them in the original version.
1. WIENER SCHNITZEL – One of the definite must-try foods in Vienna so famous that even the Austrian law prescribes that all Wiener Schnitzels are made of veal, and that if pork is used instead, it should be named as ‘Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein’.
2. APFELSTRUDEL – the most common dessert in Vienna. When served, it is best topped with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream, served with coffee or tea.
3. SACHERTORTE – one of the tastiest Viennese desserts which recipe is a heavily guarded secret. The fact that the 5th of December is celebrated as the National Day of Sachertorte vividly illustrates just how much this cake means for and is loved by the country!
4. WIENER WÜRSTEL – the top eaten snack in Vienna. The Viennese sausages, tasty as they are, and usually served with mustard and beer for extra impact.
5. TAFELSPITZ – is another distinctively Austrian dish, which is, in essence, boiled beef with vegetables and spices in broth. They say that Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria, really enjoyed it.
6. MOZARTTORTE – named after the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, will meet all your expectations.